Helping your Local Animal Rescue
Every year, local animal rescues help hundreds to thousands of animals and people, usually with very limited resources and publicity. Helping your local animal rescue isn’t difficult. Try any (or all) of the following:
- Tell your friends and family about your local animal rescue. Most rescues rely solely on word of mouth. Consider sharing the organization’s information on social media websites.
- Get to know your local rescue groups. Stop in to visit the people that are responsible for caring for the animals.
- Before adopting from your local rescue, research what to expect. You’ll be far less likely to become frustrated if you fully understand the challenges and rewards of adopting a pet.
- Take a moment to thank the people who work at your local animal rescue. If you’ve adopted a pet from them, show them how well your pet is doing by sharing an updated picture with them in person or on their Facebook page.
- Consider making toys for the animals at the rescue using fabric, yarn and recyclables.
- Follow your local animal rescue on Facebook and other social media websites.
- Donate supplies to your local animal rescue. Rescue groups always need towels, blankets, toys, cat litter and other supplies. Visit or call the rescue to find out exactly what they need. Cash donations are typically welcome as well.
- Consider volunteering at your local animal rescue.
- Perhaps the best thing that you can do to help your local animal rescue is to make sure that your pets are spayed and neutered and have proper ID at all times. Cats should always be kept indoors and dogs should be kept on a leash while away from home.
Claws N Paws Day Spa has been taking care of Orange County’s dogs and cats since 2001. We offer full service pet grooming at our state of the art pet salon in Fountain Valley, California. Additionally, we offer mobile pet grooming to all areas of Orange County. Claws N Paws also has many wonderful cats and kittens available for adoption. Two doors down from our pet salon we have a consignment shop offering several unique and interesting items. 100% of the profits from all pet supply sales at This n That Consignment go directly into our rescue efforts! For more information, or to schedule your next grooming appointment, please call 714-962-1005 today.