At some point you will most likely need to leave your cat behind as you venture away for business or pleasure. While a well-meaning friend or neighbor might be willing to watch your beloved pet for you, they might not understand his or her needs as well as a professional will. Leaving your cat at a professional cat boarding facility can help ease the pain of separation for both you and your cat.
Before leaving your cat at a boarding facility you will want to make sure that it fits your pet’s needs. The following tips will help you determine if the boarding facility is right for your cat.
- A professional cat boarding facility should be clean with good ventilation. An overwhelming smell of pet waste or chemicals should always be a warning sign.
- The facility should offer sufficient space for your feline friend.
- The facility should offer some privacy for pets.
- Cats in the facility should be relatively quiet.
- The facility should have an exercise space for cats. They should offer some time for cats to move and play every day.
- There should be ample security so that cats can’t escape.
- The facility should require proof of current vaccinations.
- The boarding facility staff should be friendly, knowledgeable and loving towards the pets in their care.
When visiting a cat boarding facility consider asking the following questions:
- Are bedding and food provided? What about cats with special dietary requirements?
- When is playtime/feeding time/housekeeping?
- What if my cat becomes injured or ill during their stay?
- Can my cat stay a few extra days if necessary?
- What are the boarding fees?
Once you have selected a boarding facility for your cat you will want to make sure that you leave sufficient contact information for both yourself and your veterinarian. If you will be unable to return home quickly, make sure that you also leave emergency contact information for a trusted individual.
Located right next door to Claws N Paws Day Spa, Claws and Paws Cat Boarding provides a luxurious, stress-free and safe environment for your cat’s away from home stays! When your feline friend needs a place to stay, you can be confident in knowing that we will provide them with the care and individual attention that they need. Free time, one-on-one attention and plenty of space to stretch their legs are just a few of the amenities that we provide.
We intentionally do not board dogs in order to keep a quiet, stress-free environment for our feline visitors. We strive to make the feline members of your family feel safe and secure with all of the comforts of home.
Please feel free to contact us for a tour of our facility or to set up an appointment.
Receive a free teeth brushing for your pet when you mention our blog!