When Professional Pet Grooming Isn’t Enough To Keep Them Cool – DIY Cooling Pad for your Pets
During the summer, it’s extremely important to keep our pets cool. This isn’t just a matter of comfort; intense heat can be detrimental to their health and safety. Protecting your pet from the heat prevents them from overheating and falling victim to heatstroke and heat exhaustion. When professional pet grooming just isn’t enough to keep them comfortable, consider making them a cooling pad. Here’s how:
- Search your home or a local second-hand shop for an old sleeping bag that has an outside shell made from nylon or polyester.
- Determine how big you would like your cooling pad to be. You will want to make sure that it’s a good size for your pet.
- Cut the sleeping bed width-wise to the appropriate size.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap two ice pack inside and slide inside the exposed portion of the sleeping bag.
- Wrap two ice packs into the diagonal corners of the foil. Use tape to secure them if necessary.
- Slide the foil and the ice packs into the open side of the sleeping bag. The foil and ice packs should be touching the underside of the nylon or polyester.
- Tape up the open end of the sleeping bag.
- When the weather warms up, wrap up the pad and place it in the freezer for half an hour. If the pad is too big, remove the ice packs and refreeze them.
Claws N Paws Day Spa offers quality dog and cat grooming in Orange County, California. During the summer we offer summer haircuts, belly shaves, baths, brushing, mobile grooming and flea and tick treatments. For more information or to schedule a grooming appointment, please call 714-962-1005 today.