Holiday Fun – Making Paw Print Ornaments
The holidays are an excellent time to celebrate with your entire family, including your pets. One activity that can bring a family together during this special time of year is making holiday ornaments. This is an inexpensive way to decorate your home while creating personalized ornaments that represent your entire family. The following instructions will help you create paw print dough ornaments:
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, ½ cup of salt and ½ cup of water. Mix thoroughly to form your dough.
- Lay the dough on a flat surface. Sprinkle some flour on a rolling pin and the surface of the dough and roll your dough out to a thickness of ¼ inch.
- Cut out a circle or square of dough that is large enough to fit your pet’s paw.
- Press your pet’s paw down into the dough to create a paw print. You might need a little help to keep your pet still.
- Using a toothpick, write your pet’s name across the middle of the paw print or below it.
- Use the same toothpick to create a hole in the top of the ornament. This will be the hole that you will thread your ribbon through to hang your ornament.
- Place your ornament on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake your paw print ornament in the oven for two hours.
- After the ornament has cooled completely you can paint it however you like. You can also glue sequins and glitter to the ornament for an extra special look.
- Once the paint is dry, thread some ribbon through the hole at the top of the paw print ornament and tie a knot at the top. Now you are ready to hang your ornament!
- In addition to decorating your home or tree, these ornaments can be tied to the tops of presents.
We hope that this information has been helpful as we strive to provide education on all aspects of pet care.
Claws N Paws Day Spa offers quality dog and cat grooming in Orange County, California. For more information, or to schedule a grooming appointment, please call 714-962-1005.
Receive a free teeth brushing for your pet when you mention our blog!